Monday, July 13, 2009

What is the issue with the petition to stop the garbage strike???

I have to say the general apathy regarding the municipal workers strike in the City of Toronto is quite appalling. I am not sure what the issue is.

Is it the wording of the petition?

Is it because I am the one who wrote it? I ask that as I know there are some politicos out there who are petty enough to not take on this cause based on something that ridiculous.

Is someone else willing to post this petition on their site and see if some of these folks will get on board?

I am looking for any feedback that will help generate some momentum and get people motivated to stand up for what is right for the citizens and the taxpayers of Toronto. How can we as a group do that? How can put aside any differences and find the greater good?

I have spent the last 2 days all over the city for various errands and meetings. I have been in most areas of the city and have walked probably at least 5k per day. I cannot even express how horrific the garbage situation really is. The stench, the vermin and the cultivation of disease. The overflowing bins, the garbage all over the streets and roads.

I am looking to you for guidance as to how to get this movement growing. There has to be more to this than just general apathy. Than people not thinking it is a big deal. Than people having a problem with the wording. Than people having a problem with who wrote the petition and being petty and childish. What is the bigger picture here?

Please send me your feedback and any suggestions you have. Anyone else who is willing to post this petition under their name would be greatly appreciated as well.

Once again the link to the petition is:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=100692232140&ref=mf

Please sign it and pass it on

My sincerest thanks!

wendywashere

No comments:

Post a Comment